Copyright © 2013-2014 Japanese otaku news All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Translate

Home » , » New anime of winter 『Wizard Balistars』 Episode 1

New anime of winter 『Wizard Balistars』 Episode 1














































Impressions of everyone

Norio Wakamoto is a talking magic French-Canadian frog. AotS!



This seems to be the new Galilei Donna, in the sense that it's a bunch of convoluted nonsense with an enormous budget for 3DCG, special effects, and fast-paced action. It'll probably be fun to watch, even if just for that!
...Oh! It would seem this is actually by the same director as Galilei Donna. Well that explains everything.



Really? What doesn't make sense to you? There's not much going on.
Also, Wizard Barristers is being written by the director this time around, which wasn't the case for Galilei Donna.
"Nonsense". "Craziness". "Neo-fantasy magicians". I use words too loosely ( -_-). I didn't know about that writer stuff though. Who knows -- this could be awesome! 
Okay now that I've watched the episode, I can say it a decent first episode.
It was funny when Cecil was saying "Give up and I'll be your lawyer".
Cecil's head is too small proportional to her body =\ It bothers me a lot..
Dear god, I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem. On top of that her overall design isn't very appealing(to me at least), kinda disappointed with this show.
Okay, Law and Order: Wizard City is looking pretty good so far
In the criminal justice system, magic based offenses are considered especially heinous. . .. . .  


My lawyer's a wizard! What can yours do?!
So, that was a rather incredible amount of explosions that they managed to pack into the first two minutes. Also, their method of execution seems a bit needlessly complex, but meh, it's MAGIC!
The bank robbers have machine gun hands. MACHINE GUN HANDS. MAGIC!
We also get the motivation for our main heroine.
Don't know yet whether I like it. The action was pretty good but that's about it. So far, Cecil isn't exactly my favourite character but it's a bit too soon to judge. It's just that the other shows that I've picked up impressed me from the very beginning, including the characters.
Out of the shows that I had planned to watch this season this is the only one that is a bit disappointing but some shows need some time, so I'll reserve judgement until later.
Too bad. I forgot that there was a purple-haired girl in the promo material and the opening sequence got me really excited for a show with adult protagonists in a magical crime procedural.
I'll probably watch it anyway.
CANADA REPRESENT! Also guns used in order of appearance if anyone is curious : MP5, Ruger SR9, Sig Sauer P226
What model were those bank robbers' gun-hands?
They were generic handguns, probably Chinese knockoffs.
Did not like this. Main character was extremely annoying in both design and personality. Seems very cheesy especially when she is attacking the dude near the end "ILL REPRESENT YOU!!!"
Dropped
Very nice first episode
Interesting story and the action scene is awesome
Also that wakamoto frog
Why do I not like this show so far?
I thought I could get past the talking frog. Gosh I hate talking animals.
Maybe it's the character designs, call me shallow or whatever.
It might be because I believe one should dress professionally in a professional environment. I never liked those "fun" bosses in anime.
The only character I liked (wizard wise) was the other newbie.
The story seemed cool but then they switched to some kawaii teenage lawyer with her perverted frog familiar saving the day with legal action.
I'm going to give this show the 3 episode rule. I can see why people might like it though.
I was excited for this show too. I have always been more critical of the people in a show rather than the setting or action scenes in a show.


I thought I could get past the talking frog


His mouth doesn't move half the time. I would be okay with it if it never moved, but only sometimes? Blah.
 

Actually, I also preferred the other newbie in comparison to the main heroine. But, as you can see, the other newbie, henceforth referred to as Hotarun, is probably going to end up as a foil for the main heroine. For me, since I would more likely sympathize with Hotarun rather than the main heroine, it could potentially wreck my opinion of the show if it's not handled well.
I wasn't impressed, but it wasn't particularly horrible so far either. There are worse shows this season. 3 episode rule for me as well.
Yeah. I feel like Hotarun is going to be that "no-fun" character when she is really someone who takes her job seriously and professionally as she should.
If they can't handle a nice balance as you said, this show could get a lot worse.
It's not that kawaii teenage lawyer doesn't work, but it doesn't fit the setting. The setting and the main protagonist's appearance/general behavior are at serious odds. This statement is going to sound very reactionary, especially since it's the first episode, but judging by the first episode alone, Hotarun would mesh far better with the show's tone.
It's not that optimism is a bad thing. Akane Tsunemori from Psycho-Pass was a pretty optimistic individual. However, Cecil looks like she belongs in a magical girl anime. The show almost even mentioned as such, possibly as an attempt to glaze over it, but her character design is pretty bad. Just my opinion, though. Also, again, no idea where the show is headed, since it's only the first episode.
I'm not so sure about that. If you let tonal dissonance from character design hinder your ability to enjoy your shows, you're going to end up barring yourself off from a lot of very well-written anime.
I liked the episode, all the colors and action was pretty cool and the world is pretty interesting. I just can't stand the MC, I don't really have a problem with idealistic characters but she's just so fucking cutsie, stupid and unprofessional about everything while also being Ms.PerfectLawyerLady.
Also, shouldn't the lady cop digging in that dudes bullet holes in the beginning be really illegal?

         ,-、               ,.-、
        ./:::::\            /::::::ヽ
       /::::::::::::;ゝ--─--- 、._/::::::::::::::|
       /,.-‐''"´          \:::::::::::|
     /                 ヽ、::::|
    /                    ヽ|
     l                          l
    .|    ●                 |    It was interesting than expected
     l  , , ,           ●      l
    ` 、      (_人__丿    、、、   / 
      `ー 、__               /
         /`'''ー‐‐──‐‐‐┬'''""´ 
Share this article :

0 comment:

Post a Comment

sponsored link

Japanese otaku news

QR code

QR

RM

 
Support : Copyright © 2013. Japanese otaku news - All Rights Reserved